25 November 2011

Cranberry Sauce

I enjoyed a ridiculously relaxing Thanksgiving this year. Everybody cooked de-lovely delicious dishes and we actually managed to sit down at the table only 1 hour behind schedule, even though everyone had thoroughly boozed up. One welcome discovery was a homemade cranberry sauce that George and I both enthusiastically scarfed down. Jamie showed us how to prepare it. He said that he found the recipe somewhere on allrecipes.com, but rather than go searching for it, I'm just going tell you what he did, thereby humanizing that disconnection from the laborer that we all suffer in this Satanic Age of Digital Information.

Cranberry Sauce

1 Cup orange juice
1 Cup sugar
1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries, washed with mushy lurkers removed

In a pot on the stove, dissolve sugar in orange juice over medium heat. Add cranberries. Cook, stirring frequently, until most or all of the cranberries have popped. Cover and refrigerate until serving (a few hours to a few days later).

2 comments:

barbyanne said...

For me, this sauce is too sweet. I would use half as much sugar. And although my daughter dislikes it, I add a diced. peeled apple plus orange pieces ( Clementines work well) to the mixture after the cranberries are cooked. Sweet potatoes, stuffing, gravy and mashed potatoes benefit from the tart fruity company. Except in my daughter's palate which is a bit peculiar although she is perfect in all other aspects.

Sarah said...

You've never tried the sauce! I think your sauce is too bitter. We shall compare sauces when you come and visit because this only takes about 10 minutes to make.

 
Goofy Gourmet, The - Blogged Cultu UR Technologie Directory Site Meter