optional: sesame seeds, fillings of your choice
- Cook up sushi rice. When it's done, leave the lid on and let it steam 5 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately turn sushi out into a wide bowl and turn it over with a wooden spoon, fluffing it evenly.
- While the rice is still warm, sprinkle it generously with salt. Or salt and sesame seeds.
- Soak a clean towel and wring it out thoroughly. Cup your hands loosely under the towel and use the spoon to put some rice into the towel.
- Spoon filling into the middle. Wrap rice around it and gently guide it into a triangular or spherical shape.
- Immediately wrap tightly in plastic wrap. You can now refrigerate it or eat it.
- Optional: toast a little seaweed and use it to hold the tasty rice ball, eating both together.