WARNING: We made this pasta sauce yesterday morning and ate the resulting pasta all day. Today I woke up feeling like a gremlin had scrubbed all my inner passageways with a garlic clove. Our intestines are even creating garlic-scented gas, if you know what I mean, ho ho ho ha ahem cough cough splutter.
I apologize for my immaturity. Here is the recipe—the delicious, out of this world, healthy, savory, garlic-fart-producing recipe. Enjoy, minions.
Whole Tomato Pasta Sauce with Penne
6-8 small tomatoes, roma tomato size or larger, washed.
1 head of garlic, peeled, broken into cloves. Maybe you should smash them a little.
1 15 ounce can plain tomato sauce
1 onion, sliced
4 Tofurkey sausages, sliced into bite-sized chunks
a standard size (1 lb.?) box of penne pasta (whole wheat, gluten-free okay)
1. In a heavy pan saute onions in oil. When softening, add Tofurkey. Keep stirring.
2. Add tomato sauce. Stir and heat up.
3. Add garlic. Then top with whole tomatoes.
4. Cover and bring to a boil. Then turn down to a merry simmer. Keep covered.
5. After the tomatoes are getting really soft and smushy, uncover. Start cooking off liquid to get it down to a thick consistency. Keep stirring so it doesn't burn and stick.
6. Boil water for the pasta.
7. Cook the penne. Drain it.
8. Mix penne and sauce together. Serve hot, thick, and juicy. Oh yeah.
Archives and more - There are still tons of posts and recipes here, but not much in the way of new news. Come on over to The Dreamy Day to see more or less updated informatio...