06 February 2011

Whole Tomato Pasta Sauce with Penne

WARNING: We made this pasta sauce yesterday morning and ate the resulting pasta all day. Today I woke up feeling like a gremlin had scrubbed all my inner passageways with a garlic clove. Our intestines are even creating garlic-scented gas, if you know what I mean, ho ho ho ha ahem cough cough splutter.

I apologize for my immaturity. Here is the recipe—the delicious, out of this world, healthy, savory, garlic-fart-producing recipe. Enjoy, minions.

Whole Tomato Pasta Sauce with Penne

6-8 small tomatoes, roma tomato size or larger, washed.
1 head of garlic, peeled, broken into cloves. Maybe you should smash them a little.
1 15 ounce can plain tomato sauce
1 onion, sliced
4 Tofurkey sausages, sliced into bite-sized chunks
oil
a standard size (1 lb.?) box of penne pasta (whole wheat, gluten-free okay)

1. In a heavy pan saute onions in oil. When softening, add Tofurkey. Keep stirring.
2. Add tomato sauce. Stir and heat up.
3. Add garlic. Then top with whole tomatoes.
4. Cover and bring to a boil. Then turn down to a merry simmer. Keep covered.
5. After the tomatoes are getting really soft and smushy, uncover. Start cooking off liquid to get it down to a thick consistency. Keep stirring so it doesn't burn and stick.
6. Boil water for the pasta.
7. Cook the penne. Drain it.
8. Mix penne and sauce together. Serve hot, thick, and juicy. Oh yeah.

1 comment:

Medifast Coupons said...

I can't wait to try your fart producing recipe, okay that is just funny, I can't believe I put that in, but it is just funny that you actually put it in your post.
Recipes does sound really good, and I do honestly look forward to trying regardless of the end results :)

 
Goofy Gourmet, The - Blogged Cultu UR Technologie Directory Site Meter