26 August 2011

Kimchi Soup with Tofu, Take One

Goodness, how I craved kimchi soup with tofu! Hot hot hot, cabbage-y, chewy, spicy…I knew it would obliterate my endless cold. Which recipe to try?  Two vegetarian kimchi soup recipes caught my attention. One was clearly easier. The other, probably tastier. Of course I enjoy my endless shortcuts, so I made the easier one first. The verdict: A good quick spicy soup, but nothing special to write home about. Tonight for Shabbat I will make the second soup and see if it both tastes better and is worth the trouble. Unbeknownst to Gavin, I have chosen him as my test subject. Mwa HA HA HA HA! George will safely elude my machinations with a harmless baked potato.

My version of the Easy Soup:

3 Cups cabbage kimchi, chopped
a bit of kimchi juice
1 tube soft tofu, sliced into half-moons
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tsp. sesame oil

In a pot combine chopped kimchi and kimchi juice. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer up to 30 minutes. 15 minutes in, add the tofu. Turn off the heat. Add scallions and sesame oil. Serve hot.

Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

 
Goofy Gourmet, The - Blogged Cultu UR Technologie Directory Site Meter