- Deer ate all 30 of our lettuce heads in one night.
- Deer ate most of our cucumber leaves that night too.
- Dear ate a lot of our bean leaves as well. Yup, same night.
- I saw rabbits in the yard yesterday. Adorable little munching machines.
- Although central NC has seen a lot of frightening lightning or wind storms lately, it has not rained in forever. It is quite hot.
- The only vegetable producing its heart out in our garden is summer squash, which is the sole vegetable I hate.
- I failed to make an appetizing pasta sauce with a tomato sauce base, even though I used a recipe that always works when George makes it.
- I have a dentist appointment in a few days, the fear of which inhibits me from drowning my sorrows in chocolate chocolate chip ice cream.
Butternut Squash muffins will save your soul - The MOST forgiving muffin recipe ever (as in, you can make a zillion substitutions and they will still taste really, really good) is from Vegan With a Ve...