28 June 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

Today I tried to recreate my first ever smoothie, the Funky Monkey. My 17-year old self could barely order it in front of my friends because the name sounded so dumb. But all the smoothies had cutesy names like that at Bananarama, a lovely place that taught me bananas + soymilk = tasty smoothie base. The original Funky Monkey was a simple chocolate smoothie. Today I also added peanut butter because, as scores of Reese's Pieces fans know, chocolate and peanut butter are tasty soulmates. This smoothie turned out to be very easy to make and very very satisfying. Next time you get one milkshake craving too many, try making this instead. It's actually sort of healthy; it has a lot of protein, manganese, vitamin E, folate, calcium, potassium, vitamin B12, and monounsaturated fat (the good kind).

Serves 3-4 people

2 bananas, ripe
1/4 Cup peanut butter (the less oily and sugary, the better)
1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
1 Cup plain chilled soymilk (I like Silk brand)

Puree all in a blender for about 20 seconds. Serve the silken, refreshing treat immediately.

No comments:

 
Goofy Gourmet, The - Blogged Cultu UR Technologie Directory Site Meter