30 May 2011

Peanut Butter My Way

Suddenly I realized that I no longer enjoyed commercial brand peanut butter: too sweet, too salty, too oily. I switched over to natural peanut butter, the kind where the oil separates and floats to the top. That oil didn't look too tasty, did it? I didn't want to eat it. I didn't want to put it into my body.

So for years I tried to pour the oil off the top. This method was absurdly messy and inevitably lost some real peanutty goodness as well. Frustrated, last year I hit on the method of simply storing the peanut butter jar upside-down. That way the oil floats to the bottom, and I can scoop off the butter from the top, no problem.

Except there is a problem. That peanut butter is STIFF, no question. How are you supposed to spread peanut butter rocks? I've finally solved this last hurdle, and because you are my faithful readers, I will share my genius with you:

Scoop out the peanut butter with a spoon, and put it into a little bowl. Heat it up in the microwave on high for 15 seconds. Suddenly it's spreadable and oozy, just the way you like it, but not oily.

I take my bow.

No comments:

 
Goofy Gourmet, The - Blogged Cultu UR Technologie Directory Site Meter